See the last page of the latest Newsletter for upcoming tours.
- Touring: one or more tours are scheduled each month. Most of these are one-day drives to points of interest in our area. Overnighters up to a week in duration occur around the Northwest, including the annual Regional
Meet in various cities.
- Swap Meet: every year on Father’s Day. This is our fund raising event. See the last page of the June issue of the Connecting Rod, our monthly newsletter, for more information.
- contribution to Marion-Polk County Food Share
- automotive student scholarship through the Chemeketa Community College Foundation
- Road Clean-up: semi-annual, as our contribution to keeping our highways litter free.
“A Race Against Time” – October 6, 2018
One of eight Model A enthusiasts who took the challenge of a four month, around the world “race against time”, Judi McMillin Richter is today living on a quiet ranch in Northeastern Oregon.
But in 1982 she signed on to an adventure right out of the movies. As the co-driver of a 1931 Special Delivery “Woody”, Judi would drive one of four Model A automobiles over 13,200 miles across 6 continents, 24 countries, 15 states, three oceans and seven seas!
It was a trip of a lifetime and one that had never been accomplished by an automobile of 1930’s vintage. Given the geopolitics of the 21st century—such a feat may never happen again.
Judi McMillin Richter spoke about her co-adventurers and her experiences at the Pacific NW Truck Museum at Powerland Heritage Park in Brooks, Oregon on October 6, 2018. Judy shared a special slide show of her photo collections that chronicled her journey of that “race against time” almost 40 years ago!